Sunday 15 December 2013

Miu Miu SS14 Future Pieces Event

Evening all,

I am writing my blog from the incredible comfort of my friend Gaspard's sofa in Paris <3 Oh how i do love Paris in the winter, and especially at Christmas. The lights, the ambiance, people still sitting outside  smoking in their down jackets. Ici C'est Paris as they say. I am here for my own works Christmas party and my friends record label party too. Can't complain can I?!

Sorry for such a late post, work has been all consuming, but last week myself and my boyfriend had a lovely evening with Miu Miu celebrating the SS14 collection. Not only was the event a preview of pieces from the runway, it was also a chance to buy pieces now!!!! Yep all those incredible print coats and lace up knee high boots available for one night only to take home for exclusive customers.



I have been a Miu Miu girl since I was 14. I have always been dedicated to the brand and was excited to be invited to the party at the Flagship store on Bond Street. More importantly excited to see pieces up close and personal and order the key pieces I wanted (sadly the pieces available to buy on the day were 38 and 40!!!). SS14 is all about the swinging sixties and revisiting prints with a sixties twist. Swoon.







How amazing are the coats? I cannot wait for the cat print coat it is so me. 



I am not a huge fan of real fur, but these Fox fur stole's exclusive for Bond Street were absolutely dreamy. Especially the red one which matched my Celine Skaters







The bead work on all the pieces is absolutely divine. The beaded dress were either the 2 sizes available in store or made to order for Spring/Summer drop in February 2014.

One cannot fault Miuccia. The woman is a genius. She captures women's silhouettes perfectly, she manages to perfect colour pallets and knows what bold colours go with the most soft tones. Is it any wonder she continually reigns as international designer? I am not the biggest Italian fashion fan but Miu Miu and Prada set themselves so high in the Italian fashion world that they are practically French! Let us not forget that Miu Miu is the last big show in the fashion calendar shown in Paris...

I have to say i was sad i was unable to walk away with anything, but i put my name down for some incredible pieces including the cat coat and the cat flats. I love cats!


 My Outfit

Top- Christopher Kane
Jeans- J Brand
Cardigan- Faux Leather Sleeves Zara
Necklace- Bijoux Parisian 
Bag- Celine Trio
Shoes- Celine Tartan Skater.

I loved my outfit for the evening, the Christopher Kane T-shirt was a dream find in the sample sale. My cardigan is one of those "I wish i bought 2" purchases from the christmas sale last year, it's so versatile and give a nice black cardigan an edge. The necklace is one of my samples from my new business which will be up and running next year. I love this piece it has stopped so many people. Lastly my shoes…OH THESE CELINE'S!!!!! I actually thought they were a fashion myth. I searched a fair bit for these bad boys, and alas they were waiting for me in Harrods. They are uber cool but super young. I felt like a hipster in them, they are definitely my style but i think these skaters have to be approached with caution for many people they aren't for everyone! 


Here is the collection is the Miu Miu SS14 collection in full: 














I would love to hear your thoughts about this collection and Miu Miu.

Thanks for reading guys.

Lots of Love

Nadia

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you completely honey - the coat is EVERYTHING!!! i would wear it with everything too!!!!

    ReplyDelete