Saturday 4 January 2014

All Hail Queen Sophia!

Evening guys,

As you can remember from my previous post on my love for shoes, I featured a special section on the amazingly talented Sophia Webster.


Not only did I feature a section on my love for shoes, I also covered the amazing Spring Summer 14 presentation in my LFW SS14 post. I always knew Sophia was going to have great things coming her way and I was right along with the whole fashion industry. A week before Christmas,  Sophia and her wonderful elves (her staff are incredible)  opened her second pop up shop (The first one was in Burlington Arcade in the smallest space, with the tightest/ tinniest staircase but the most fabulous collection!) in Covent Garden on King Street a few doors before Opening Ceremony. I can confirm it is way bigger than the Burlington Arcade pop up because the store is Sophia's secret shoe garden!




I cannot even describe how excited I was to head in, even just seeing the window and the door got me excited so when I walked in I was in heaven even more…





















I always go for the shoes, but I was lost (in a happy way) in a garden when i walked in. A magical shoe garden full of candy, flamingos, flowers and a giant pink Christmas tree covered in shoes and Barbie dolls. WOW.  Exactly the reaction Sophia looks for in her customers. You can tell the woman is more than a shoe designer, she is an artist,. Not only do her collections have themes, her store does too to match the collection. The store was designed by Sophia herself, every little detail. It was inspiring to be in such a strong creative space. I have always praised Sophia Webster for not just being a shoe designer joining the international designers but being THE shoe designer, creating her own brand, image and of course level of shoe designing. Yep she upped the Shoe game guys. It's so refreshing to see something new and boundary breaking. 
















Sophia isn't following in any trends or colour pallets or embroidery etc she's making her own level of shoe designing. Putting British fashion once more at the top of the fashion industry. 

Of course, I went into the pop up store knowing there were certain pairs of shoes I wanted to try on and of course I came home with 2 pairs of shoes…




Sunset Sandals- These were a part of the sample sale (which i missed the weekend before grr) and i was lucky enough to get my hands on them thanks to the great gals in the store for the sample sale price! 


Violeta Vinyl and leather Sandals. 


I bought 2 pairs of sandals for my up and coming trip to SEOUL, Kuala Lumpur and Penang. They are both super fun and comfortable! I cannot wait to wear them both and take some amazing photos of them in action. 

As for the pop up store it is scheduled to close at the end of February (hopefully it will extend due to it's incredible popularity). Please go visit, soak in the magic and beauty. Most importantly go support the incredible British talent. 

I cannot express in words how much I love Sophia Webster but I hope you can feel it in this post. A big praise has to go out to the girls working in the pop up. Absolutely brilliant, helpful, kind and down to earth girls who have been part of Sophia's journey from the start. 

Again the store is on King Street in Covent Garden, London.

Let me know if you've been in and what's on your Sophia Webster hit list!!!

Thanks for reading guys!


Lots of love

Nadia 

X



No comments:

Post a Comment