Friday 12 September 2014

Nail, Nail, Nails!


 Evening everyone, 

It has been one busy busy week emotionally and work wise. Today the Chanel AW13 Shopping Centre collection launched in the UK. Of course that meant one thing today…SNEAKER FRENZY. I'm glad I got mine before they hit the shop floor because they practically sold out within 2 hours in Bond Street. I was meant to be around for London Fashion Week but family comes first so I am typing this from Wales! As much as I will miss the vibe around Somerset House, I will still be in Paris for fashion week. I love the vibe in Paris and I actually love my busy schedule building up to show day!

It's been a while since I've done a beauty post, despite buying so much beauty the majority of the year (yes I succumbed to the YSL nasa foundation and I am a huge fan!). I really wanted to share 2 new brands that have brought out products that has upped the beauty game.


I would bombard you with pretty pictures of the nail polish collection at Christian Louboutin but I already know you have all seen that by now. The bottle is so amazing and shaped like the heels. I was sceptical at first, I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a part of this bandwagon. However I convinced myself I needed the classic red sole varnish in the dark black bottle. Sadly they are sold out in the UK and online. It's best to ask the girls when they expect a delivery in all the shop boutiques, Harrods Shoe heaven, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols (also online). I was a bit disappointed with the lack of classic red, though having spoke to the sales assistant about the other tones I found 2 colours that really popped  for me:



Daffodile


Zermadame

J'adore these 2 tones. My addiction to grey nail polish is steering way out of control. I have a varied selection of grey tones from Dior, Chanel, Essie to now Christian Louboutin because it's such a nice neutral tone for all seasons and super chic. On top of that, white nails don't really look good on me so it's my attempt at minimalist nails. The green is a hard colour to come by in the world of decent nail polishes. They either come out too blue or you have to add to many coats which make it thick and gloopy. 

The best thing about the Louboutin polishes is that you only need 1 coat maybe 2 max for a deeper look. I was surprised when I was told the nail polish is made in the states and the bottle in France. The longevity of the polish depends on your top coat. They suggest their own due to the brush technology etc but I used my standard go to top coat- Nails Inc Caviar. It went well with the polish but did chip within 3 days. Apparently with the Louboutin topcoat your nails stay chip free for up to a week. I guess if you have £35 to spare on a top coat it's worth a go. 

The second dose of beauty I wanted to share (coincidently bought the same day as the Louboutin nail colours) was the newly launched Alexa Chung range for Nails Inc…Oh and the amazing new Kale range.


This is an exciting new product launched by the company. Alexa has incorporated her love of Nails Inc colours and textures in with the brand relaunch. Her nail range ranges from a silky finish, lace finish, leather finish to actual kale based nail colours which provide you with all the vitamins and benefits of Kale. How amazing right? Nails just got fresh pressed ;)


I love Nails Inc, so I really wanted to try the new Kale base coat. WOW. It is simply amazing and I can feel the benefits after changing my nails over 3 times (I do my own nails 2-3 times a week). You'll also notice I went with another forest green! I know 2 in 1 day. What are the chances?! This is one of the Kale based varnishes. I am excited to try it as soon as possible.


My second choice was the Alexa Cashmere. Like I said before, I absolutely love neutral tones, especially from my loyal nail brands. This is a tone I haven't had from Nails Inc so was eager to add it. It's currently in front of me ready to be put on! I will defiantly let you all know the outcome of these nail colours in my next post.

I also wanted to share with you my new hand care regime because these 2 new products have changed my hands, and will be my saviour in the coming winter. Lush is definitely the place to go for some seriously delectable results. 


The cuticle butter is something I came across in Paris 2 weeks ago. That's right I went to lush in Marais Paris. The reason? Well my brother is a Lush fanatic, myself however I only venture into Lush at Christmas for my guilty pleasure, snow fairy! The prettiest and fragrant shower gel ever. However I was desperate to moisturise my hands before heading to the festival in Paris and he needed a product. I went in only wanting a quick fix but ended up talking with the very nice parisian sales assistant and left with the butter. At first I wasn't sure if I bought it because of her charms or because my hands actually felt and smelt good. My hands needed something so after 2 days of applying it on the cuticles all my cuts and dry skin around my cuticles had gone. This product is a must. I haven't fallen this hard since the Crabtree and Evelyne hand creams. Its perfect and long lasting with actual results.


The Rub Rub Rub is an exfoliating shower scrub. However I use this for my hands twice a week (oh and my feet). It leaves your hands feeling tingly and refreshed. It maintains all the hard work you do to moisturise your dry hands and deal with the cuts around your cuticles. 

I would love to know what you guys think. If you have any tips to share or have tried these products I would love to hear your thoughts. 

Thanks for reading.
X
Bisous
X
Nadia
X

No comments:

Post a Comment