Saturday 7 September 2013

A Girly and Fluffy Autumn/Winter...Ode to Carven and The Romantics.

Evening guys,


I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! It's finally dropped temperature today, and my cardigan choice was a faux pas! Autumn is creeping in!

Today's outfit post
Bag- Vintage Chanel
Shoes- Balenciaga 
Dress- Vintage from Paris
Belt- Vintage Versace

I last blogged about the grunge trend taking over our beloved high street...fear not, it's not all Sid and Nancy. The other side gracing our high street is the soft pastel colours, fury textures, patents in neutrals and lots of baby pink and blue! This is much thanks to the likes of Celine, Carven, Kenzo, Topshop Unique, Dior, Valentino and let's not forget Burberry.

I am completely in love with the romantic look for A/W. It really captures the femininity in women, whether it's through wearing a pastel pink boucle suit (Carven) or to wearing a shirt and powder blue midi (Dior). Carven have delivered the must have coat of the season:

Double breasted Carven coat £510 SOLD OUT Net-a-Porter.





I am in love with this look and the whole of Carven AW collections but alas we don't need to depend on our credit cards for this purchase because Zara have come through once again for our AW essentials.



How wearable are these coats! I have tried the short woollen version and it is on my to buy next month list. 

Another fantastic alternative is this beautiful Red Valentino single breasted coat (very similar to the one Doreen bought last year from Red V!)


Here are some other Carven pieces that i am head over heals for, along with some other big hitter:




Iridescent Print T-Shirt (£180) and Skirt (£260): Carven (via Matches)

Turtle neck wool sweater: Carven £410 (via Matches)

Colour Block Wool and Angora Jacket: Carven £710 (via Net-a-Porter)

Crossover Collar Poplin Shirt: Carven £270 (via Net-a-Porter)



Printed Cotton Dress: Suno £660 (via Net-a-Porter)

Heart Print Silk Shirt- Burberry Prossum £1195 (Via Burberry)

Heart Print Shirt with Rubber Collar: Burberry £495 (via Burberry) 

Heart Print T-shirt: Burberry £150 (via Burberry)

Garbardine Rubber Trench Coat: Burberry £1795 (via Burberry)

Feather Print Chiffon Blouse: Oscar de la Renta £900 (via Net-a-Porter)


Contrast Collar Tweed Coat- Carven £657 (Via My-Wardrobe)
(This is on my list of things to buy!!!! A piece i tried in Paris Rue de Grenelle store).




Here is my High Street Edit of my favourite romantic pieces: 

Boat neck printed dress: Zara- £39.99

Floral print blouse: Zara £25.99

Twill Shirt: Zara £19.99

Cropped pink trousers: Zara £29.99

(also available in a purple floral pattern & cream lace hem alternative HERE


Soft furry bomber: Topshop £95

Fluffy Sweat: Topshop £29

Pink Bow Front Short: Topshop £32

(also available in blue)


Lattice Pini Dress: Topshop Boutique £80


Coral High Shine Skater: River Island £30

Thanks for reading guys! Would love to hear some feedback on my blog posts :)

Lots of love

Nadia x 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5574363/?claim=yrrrwvqrmjg">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

4 comments:

  1. I'm craving a pink coat for winter and even more so after reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god it would look divine on you hun! Have you seen the Zara one? I am so tempted to get it! x

      Delete
  2. I am a huge fan of pastels for the cooler weather. I have a few pastel winter coats that I adore! I love your choices! The last skirt is divine!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. Agree, pastels really warm up the doom and gloom that is autumn winter! oh i really recommend the skirt, i saw it this week and its beautiful! x

      Delete